A computer virus is malicious code that replicates by copying itself to another program, computer boot sector or document and changes how a computer works. The virus requires someone to knowingly or unknowingly spread the infection without the knowledge or permission of a user or system administrator.
Types of Computer Virus
Harmful Effects of Computer Virus
- Computer virus can slow down your computer. It might make some programs faulty or corrupt.
- Might damage your boot sector creating problems when you boot into the windows.
- Might steal important information from your computer and send to some other person.
Steps to Avoid Virus From Computer
- The latest anti-virus should be installed on the computer.
- Junk or unknown emails should not be opened.
- Unauthorized or pirated should not be installed on the computer.
- An important way of protection against virus is the use of backup of data. The backup is used if the virus deletes data or modifies it.
- Freeware and shareware software from the internet normally contain viruses. It is important to check the software before using them.
Next learn about Use of Task bar, Scroll bar and Title bar in Windows.